Telstar

Telstar

Friday 28 August 2015

New plates

After my old TX5 had personalised plates,  I thought it was fair that this one did too.

Here in Queensland, to get personalised plates, you do it online though Personalised Plates Queensland. Their website is PPQ.com.au. the website allows to enter the combo you'd like and it lets you choose plate styles and availability.





After much deliberating and discussion with a few mates, I decided to go with some plates that matched the car. I really wanted to go with number plates that had 2 letter and 3 numbers, TX5 88. Unfortunantly the combo of 2 letter and 3 numbers is not available for purchase.


To keep with the TX5 theme, I went with the combo of TXS•88. I went with the diamond to separate the model from the year.


On the car, the plates look great and I'm happy with the look.




5 comments:

  1. Hey SABBAi, your car is starting to come together nicely. I'm in the process of bringing my TX5 back to life (AT Turbo) so your blog has provided some motivation. I noticed in the latest photo the same water stain problem in the driver's side headlight that my car had. Let me know if you would like to see some before and after photos of the fix we did? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, thanks. It looks a little different now. I'll be posting up some updates in the next few days.
      I wouldn't mind seeing what you did. In the past I've pulled the headlight to buts and painted the surround black. It looked good on my old black TX5 but won't look so good on the red. I've got a good condition replacement to go in.
      I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your TX5.

      Delete
  2. If you send me a friend request I'll put some photos up on face book. I'm getting the steering rack reconditioned at the moment so while the car was off the road we pulled the headlights apart and painted the inside silver, polished the cover and then resealed it (I got sick of trying to find replacement headlights on gumtree!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent one to you this morning. You can find non-genuine (not Stanley) headlights on ebay. They're not too bad quality wise.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete