Telstar

Telstar

Monday 11 January 2016

Modifying the Factory seat height

When I first got into my TX5, I felt the seating position was very high, more l than I remember on my old car. It felt so high that my head was near the roof with the seat in it's lowest position.

My other TX5 has MX6 Turbo seats in it and they feel much lower. So out came the tape measure to see what the go was.


This is the factory TX5 seat base height. The bottom of the plastic trim sits 60mm above the mount plate for the floor.


This is the MX6 seat base height. The bottom of the plastic trim sits 30mm above the mount for the floor, positioning the seat much lower than the TX5 seats.

The plan is to swap the bases over between the MX6 and TX5 seats to retain the factory look and function but with a much lower and more comfortable seating position.

No comments:

Post a Comment